Podcast #4: Jobs in Berlin
This month’s podcast is all about expats and their jobs in Berlin.
4: Jobs in Berlin
The Mädels have a theory, and that theory is that when it comes to expats, there is a typical shared experience of working in the city. They generally don’t come because they have a job, they come because they love the city, or someone in the city. They don’t speak the language and often end up working odd jobs to make ends meet.
But the Mädels believe that these expats aren’t defined by their jobs. They’re defined by what they do outside of their jobs. Their creative projects, blogs, music etc… are what defines them, and what keeps them going.
The Mädels interviewed five people who were at various stages in their Berlin working life, from the inexperienced, to the experienced.
- 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- Black Eyes – Florian Hermann (performed by Lauren de Lasti)
- Sous le ciel de Paris – Hubert Giraud (performed by Lauren de Lasti)
- Flight of the Bumblebee – Rimsky-Korsakov
- Jesu Bleibet Meine Freude – J.S. Bach (performed by Tam Eastley on the keyboard)
- Minuet – J.S. Bach (performed by Tam Eastley on the keyboard)